“Youth who participate in after-school programs improve significantly in three major areas: feelings and attitudes, indicators of behavioral adjustment, and school performance.”
Based on research conducted by Durlak, Weissberg and the William T. Grant Foundation, 2007.
Purpose: To provide intense skill development and necessary homework help in language arts, mathematics and science. The Power Hour Program is an integral component of our strategic plan to improve EOC/HSAP scores, promotion rates, preparation for Early College placement and the graduation rate.
- Scholars preparing to re-take exams for mastery
- LECHS scholars in danger of not reaching 80% mastery in one or more core subject classes and/or as referred by teachers, guidance, parents, or administration,
- scholars on academic probation,
- scholars needing extra help referred by teachers, and
- upper classmen who need extra help in preparation for HSAP/COMPASS-/SAT/ACT Exams.
Time & Place: 4:00-5:00pm in the Parker Campus Media Center