"Every Scholar, Every Day."
Legacy Early College gives scholars the fundamental skills necessary to achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of fitness.
Our Physical Education program exists to develop an individual desire to lead an active lifestyle.
Scholars participate in various team and individual sports, outdoor, and lifelong fitness activities.
LEC P.E. Courses are structured to encourage maximum participation every day for the entire period of instruction for every scholar.
Physical Education Sports/Activity Units:
- Ultimate Frisbee (3-4 weeks)
- Angleball (2 weeks)
- Soccer (2 weeks)
- Flickerball (2-3 weeks)
- Basketball (5 weeks)
- UltraBall (2-3 weeks)
- Speedball (2-3 weeks)
- Small-Sided Games (mixed) (3-4 weeks)
- Fitness Workouts (throughout the year)
- Fitnessgram (5 weeks) (beginning, middle, end)
To meet physical education course requirements, each scholar will be assessed in each area of the Physical Education National Standards:
- Standard 1-The physically literate individual demonstrates competency in a variety of motor skills and movement patterns. (Skills and Movement Patterns)
- Standard 2-The physically literate individual applies knowledge of concepts, principles, strategies and tacticsrelated to movement and performance. (Sports)
- Standard 3-The physically literate individual demonstrates the knowledge and skills to achieve and maintain ahealth-enhancing level of physical activity and fitness. (Activity and Fitness)
- Standard 4- The physically literate individual exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects selfand others. (Personal and Social Behavior- Respect)
- Standard 5-The physically literate individual recognizes the value of physical activity for health, enjoyment,challenge, self-expression and/or social interaction. (Aesthetic appreciation of Physical activity-Affective Domain)