High School + College Credits
- LECHS scholars must successfully pass the COMPASS placement test in one or more parts to be eligible to take college classes. SAT scores might also qualify a scholar.
- LECHS scholars must be proficient (80 or above) in all of their LECHS classes and maintain a 3.0.
- LECHS scholars must be proficient (C or above) in all of their GTC classes.
- LECHS scholars must show other areas of responsibility. Indicators of responsibility include: initiative, determination, commitment, discipline, attendance, and grades.
- It is at the discretion of LECHS and Greenville Tech College to limit the number and type of courses allowed. When scholars are in a Greenville Tech College class, the rules of LECHS and Greenville Tech College apply. This includes the LECHS dress code.
- By state law, a student has 5 days to drop a semester class. If a LECHS scholar withdraws from a Greenville Tech College class after the initial drop date, he/she will receive a W, will be required to pay LECHS for the textbook and will lose the opportunity to take college classes for one semester.
- If a LECHS scholar earns a "D" in a GTC course, the scholar loses the opportunity to take any GTC courses for at least a semester and must retake the course at his/her own expense, pass the GTC course, and meet the above guidelines.
- If a LECHS scholar earns an "F" in a GTC course, the scholar loses the opportunity to take any GTC course for two semesters and must retake the course at his/her own expense, pass the GTC course and meet the above guidelines.